- Probe into Lex Greensill lobbying scandal highlights errors - and criticises ex-PM David Cameron
The long-awaited report about Greensill Capital, the collapsed financial company that the former prime minister lobbied ministers for, was published today on the last day of Parliamentary term.
Daily Mail. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:53:46 +0100.
- New plan to cut disposable plastic use by 40% proposed in Knesset
Environmental Protection and Finance Ministers promoted a new plan on Monday to introduce a purchase tax on disposable utensils, which could reduce their consumption by 40%
Jerusalem Post. Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:49:54 GMT.
- Janet Yellen Warns That Coronavirus Variants Threaten Global Recovery
At the end of a gathering of the finance ministers of the Group of 20 nations, the U.S. Treasury secretary called for an acceleration of vaccine distribution worldwide.
Alan Rappeport. New York Times. Fri, 16 Jul 2021 16:34:31 +0000.
- G-20 finance ministers back plan to stop use of tax havens
The new plan could have serious implications for Australian companies that use low-tax jurisdictions in cross border transactions.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 11 Jul 2021 16:30:00 +1000.
- Finance Ministers Meet in Venice to Finalize Global Tax Agreement
The Group of 20 gathering begins a crucial stretch in yearslong negotiations.
Alan Rappeport. New York Times. Sat, 10 Jul 2021 19:40:22 +0000.
- G20 finance ministers back deal to tax companies
The plan aims to make companies pay their "fair share" by setting a minimum global tax rate.
BBC News. Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:57:37 GMT.
- G-20 finance ministers back deterring use of tax havens
Top finance officials representing most of the world's economy have backed a sweeping revision of international taxation that includes a 15% global minimum corporate levy to deter big companies from resorting to low-rate tax havens. ...
David Mchugh. Washington Times. Sat, 10 Jul 2021 12:54:03 -0400.
- G-20 finance ministers in Venice take up global tax proposal
US President Joe Biden's proposal for a global minimum corporate tax is being discussed at the G20 meeting.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 09 Jul 2021 15:17:19 +0000.
- G20 ministers take up plan to deter cross-border tax dodging
U.S. President Joe Biden's proposal for a global minimum corporate tax will get another going over at a meeting of top finance officials
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 09 Jul 2021 09:08:17 GMT.
- Algeria's President Tebboune announces new government
Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Wednesday named a new government, with the energy and finance ministers from the previous administration both keeping their jobs, the presidency said.
News Wires. France 24. Wed, 07 Jul 2021 18:18:52 GMT.